I COULDN’T SLEEP
Sometimes I only slept 2 to 3 hours a night. Some weeks, I only slept 3 or 4 days! I lost A LOT of sleep over those dark 10 years. So much so, that sleeplessness also contributed to stressed out Adrenal Glands, recurring colds and flu, grouchiness, and just plain suffering. And you know what happens when you don’t sleep… EVERYTHING under the sun comes into your mind, and then you are dangerously living on adrenaline, empty fumes, just trying to make it through the day. If this is happening to you, this is bad.
Cutting out gluten, dairy, coffee, sugar made a fantastic difference for my body, but I still wasn’t sleeping enough. Like I mentioned above, I experimented greatly and finally found what works for me.
Two Important Items To Include In A Diet That Helps Thyroid Work
1. Tart Cherry Juice = 100% real. Don’t waste money on anything that is blended with apple or grape juice.Get the real thing. Add 1 tablespoon to 8 ounces of water, and drink every evening at 6pm. Tart Cherry Juice is a natural source of Melatonin that provides me with a much deeper sleep. I know I’m sleeping deeper because I dream more now.
2. Magnesium Oil = Magnesium Oil provides me relief from anxiety, and gives muscles a relief. I spray 4 times into my palm, rub together and rub under my under arms (makes an excellent deodorant), on my wrist area and on my thighs. Helps me sleep like a baby.
MY DAILY SUPPLEMENTS
Regarding supplements… I used to take 13 to 15 supplements daily, but now focus on getting what my body needs, through food. The list has significantly decreased over the past 2 years! I only take 4 supplements and not even on a daily basis.
Under my doctors care, I am now off all Thyroid meds (I started out with Synthroid, then went to Armor) and even though I took Kelp, I stopped taking it because I eat enough fresh seaweed salads and fish, weekly. This provides me with enough natural iodine. Since I am off meds, it is easy and possible that my body could jump right back to hypo status should I go back to my old eating habits and lifestyle. This is why I focus on doing what my body seems to be happy with these days.
4 Supplements I Take
1. Nopal Cactus = I take this Monday through Friday. This provides fiber for my body, and keeps my blood sugar maintained.
2. Camu Camu = I take this 3x’s a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). This is a pure form of Vitamin C that strengthens my immune system. I am so glad I discovered it.
3. Chlorella = I take this 3x’s a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) because it helps to pull toxic metals (dangerous for my thyroid) out of my body. Most often toxic metals are stored in fat, not just blood.
4). L-Glutamine = Offers major Gut repair, aiding in growing intestinal cells (immune system lymphocytes and intestinal cell enterocytes).